In order to promote and enhance the high quality EVOO sector, the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®, an International Olive Oil Competition, was established.
The international contest, which takes place in the city of Palmi (Italy), is organized by the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest, based in Palmi (RC) in Via Giotto n. 11, VAT NUmber: 91032030800, Reg. Revenue Office n. 2815/2018 Serie 3a, on behalf of EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®.
EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® is an international competition organized to achieve the following objectives:
- to award the best EVOOs and Flavoured EVOOs from all over the world entered in the contest;
- to promote among consumers the benefits of EVOO in a healthy diet;
- to promote knowledge and disseminate the health, pharmacological and nutritional (nutraceutical) properties of EVOOs to consumers;
- to encourage the international market towards the use of this staple food in the kitchen, given the exceptional qualities of EVOOs produced in different countries;
- internationally promote the exceptional qualities of EVOOs produced in various countries;
- to promote the advantages of the use of EVOO in the Mediterranean diet;
- to promote the winning producers among buyers, consumers, international markets and in the various media;
- increase the consumption of high-quality EVOO internationally;
- to encourage the EVOO producers, through comparison and competition, to improve the overall quality of the product.
In addition, in the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® Competition:
- the products competing will be judged and rewarded by a professional world competition on EVOO;
- all the samples will be submitted to tasting by unyielding tasters judges from all over the world, led by the international panel leader Antonio G. Lauro;
- the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® trophies will strengthen the winning brands in international markets, bringing unique privileges, being EVO IOOC International Olive Oil Contest® is the right way to present the winning products to the most important distributors and importers in the world;
- affirming the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® will allow you to include your EVOOs and Flavoured EVOOs in our special guide (in English/Italian) “EVO IOOC Guide 2021/2022 Buyers Edition” which will be distributed in paper form in international events and sent in digital format to the most important distributors and importers in the world;
- an absolute special trophy will be awarded to the winners of the categories in competition (Conventional, Organic, PDO / PGI, Monovarietale, Blend, Condiment);
- It will be possible to obtain the maximum in the world ranking of quality oils. claiming the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® will entitle you to 9 points valid for the world ranking by WREVOO (World Ranking Extra Virgin Olive Oil);
- Consumers will be surprised with the certificates of excellence (Gold and Silver medals) issued by the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®.
- all winners will get global advertising, through our official website and the Social Media of the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and through the newsletter of the contest, sent to thousands of consumers, olive oil enthusiasts , influencers, chefs, buyers, on-line and off-line sales chains and professionals in the food sector; furthermore, the winners will be promoted both by our Media Partners (Media coverage) and through dedicated articles on our blog;
- to promote awareness among consumers of the health, pharmacological and nutritional (nutraceutical) properties of EVOO;
- The EVOOs and Flavoured EVOOs of the winning companies will be presented to consumers and chefs in culinary art schools and restaurants, both in Italy and abroad, during events related to “oleo” -gastronomy.
- The sticker will make the difference. All winning bottles will be able to boast the quality stickers (Gold and Silver Medals) issued by the organization;
- each product in competition will compete with the best EVOO and Flavoured EVOO in the world.
The EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® will follow the following schedule.
October 16th 2020: competition officially opens entries to EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®. From this moment, and until May 15th 2021, it is possible to:
- • enter samples to the competition;
- pay the entry fee(s);
- ship competing samples to EVO IOOC;
- send business information useful for entering the winners in the EVO IOOC Guide 2021/2022 Buyers Edition.
may 15th 2021: deadline. Last day for all entries. All samples must be received by this date in the contest site, otherwise they will be excluded from the competition.
May 17th/20th 2021: EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® sample evaluation. A panel of experienced judges will evaluate and classify each sample according to the dictums of the IOC (international Olive Council).
May 22nd 2021: Winners Announcement (Gold and Silver Medals).
May 28th 2021: 2021 Winners Announcement (Best in Class, Best of Country, Special Awards) and Awards Ceremony.
June 14th 2021: publication of certificates (Diplomas) on the official website of the competition www.evo-iooc.com
The Contest is exclusively open to extra virgin olive oilsand condiment (flavoured EVOOs) in the following categories (Northern and Southern Hemisphere): EVOO Oil
A) Conventional Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
B) Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
To this end, a specific certification issued by the control body must be attached.
C) PDO/PGI Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Protected Designation of Origin and the Protected Geographical Indication).
To this end, a specific certification issued by the control body must be attached.
The samples of Extra Virgin Olive Oil may also be:
D) Single varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Monovarietal extra virgin olive oil).
The varieties to be entered in the competition must be entered in the database of the Institute for the enhancement of wood and tree species (Olive Germplasm – Olea europaea L.), available on the website: http://www.oleadb.eu New olive tree database, constantly updated, which contains the information available in the literature of the varieties grown in the world.
E) Coupage Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Blend of two or more varieties).
Condiments (Flavoured EVOOs)
The “Condiments based on extra virgin olive oil”, variously flavored, are also eligible for participation in the competition:
F) Condiments (Flavoured EVOOs).
In the categories indicated, all the products over the world may compete in the categories above provided they are bottled and bear an official brand label compliant with the laws of the country of origin. Participation to the contest implies accepting the rules and regulations stated here and the decisions of the judging panel which are final.
The extra virgin olive oil oils presented in the contest must be accompanied by:
- chemical analysis (free fatty acids, number of peroxides, UV spectrophotometric constants, etc.) issued by an accredited analysis laboratory;
- panel test issued by a recognized tasting committee (COI, EU, country of origin) or self-certification of the category of fruity, bitter and spicy;
- only in the case of organic and / or PDO / PGI products, appropriate certification issued by the inspection body must be attached.
Please note that the analyzes must refer to the same lot as the sample sent to the competition and cannot be older than 180 days from the date of presentation of the sample itself.
Only in the case of extra virgin olive oils, the samples must be free from defects (Md = 0) and with the median of the fruitiness greater than zero (Mf>> 0) and the parameters reported on the chemical analysis certificate must fall within the limits imposed by the IOC (COI / T.20) and by the European Union (EC Reg. No. 2568/91 and subsequent mod. And integr.).
The EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® is open to all individual producers, olive oil mills, producer cooperatives and cooperative associations, bottlers, export companies and any type of business enterprise that produces, bottles and trades in branded extra virgin olive oil. Proof of provenance of all the samples must be guaranteed, on request of the organizing committee, with appropriate documentation. All submitted samples must bear an official brand label compliant with the laws of the country of origin.
Moreover the samples of extra virgin olive oil must:
- • come from a single homogeneous batch (of at least 500 liters);
- be bottled in appropriate bottles/containers containing 1 liter or less;
- be accompanied by certification from an accredited laboratory (Chemical analysis and Panel test).
The Flavoured EVOOs presented in the contest mustcome from a homogeneous batch (minimum volume of 100 liters);
Any exception from the rule (only for the quantity of the homogeneous batch required), accompanied by a motivated request, may be approved by the President of the Contest.
To proceed with a correct registration for the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®, the participating companies must register on the website www.evo-iooc.com and complete the registration no later than May 15th 2021.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL & FLAVOURED EVOOs) Early booking (by January 31, 2021):
For only one sample submitted € 220,00 Multiple registration:
Up to 4 samples: € 195,00 each
Between 5 and 8 samples: € 175,00 each
More than 8 samples: € 150,00 each
Regular Booking (booking after January 31, 2021 and before May 15, 2021): For only one sample submitted € 250,00 Multiple registration:
Up to 4 samples: € 225,00 each
Between 5 and 8 samples: € 200,00 each
More than 8 samples: € 180,00 each
All tuition fees must be paid to the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® at the time of completing the participation form in the manner described in the following Art. 8.
At the time of registration, participants will receive, via e-mail at the communicated address:
- the registration number to be reported in all subsequent communications;
- an entry confirmation;
- receipt of payment;
- request for any changes and/or additions to the application form.
All registration rights will be retained by the organization and will not be returned if the samples sent arrive after the official entry date (deadline) set by these competition regulations.
Furthermore, the organization may decide, at any time and unilaterally, to cancel the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® event. In this case, only the registration fees paid will be returned to the participating companies.
Under no circumstances will the samples sent to the competition be returned.
At the same time as entering the competition (see 6. Registration) it will be possible to enter data (information and high resolution photography), for the inclusion in the EVO IOOC Guide 2021/2022 Buyers Edition. Subsequently, all the EVOO oils and Flavoured EVOOs resulting winners of one of the prize categories in the competition (see Art. 13 Awards) will be included in the special guide dedicated to Buyers, which will be distributed during international events and sent to major world buyers.
EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® will dedicate a guide page to each winning oil of one of the prize categories in the competition (see Art. 13. Prizes) provided that all the correct information has been sent by and no later than the day May 15th 2021.
In the event of an incomplete form and / or image that does not meet the required conditions, inclusion in the guide will not be guaranteed. Please note that inclusion in the guide is free and is subject to obtaining one of the EVO IOOC 2021 awards.
EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® Payment methods, as provided for in 6. Registration.
Payment by bank transfer (free of all charges):
Bank transfer to
Associazione EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest COORDINATE BANCARIE:
Via Roma, 44, 89015 Palmi RC
BIC SWIFT: BPMOIT22XXX
In Comments enter:
number of registration, name of products entered in the competition.
The samples not compliant with payment will not be admitted to judgement.
Sample invoice information.
The invoice must indicate the name of the EVO oils (or condiments) entered and report as the reason “Registration for the EVO IOOC 2021 Competition”
Associazione EVO IOOC
Via Giotto 11
89015 Palmi (RC)
Codice Fiscale: 91032030800
For each sample entered in the competition (extra virgin olive oil and condiments based on extra virgin olive oil), the participating companies must send to “Alla C. A. Ufficio Concorso EVO IOOC” by May 15th 2020 (deadline for arrival at our offices located in Palmi – RC), as indicated below:
- • 4 (four) bottles or other proper containers. All bottles, or containers sent, must have a valid labeling in accordance with laws in the country of origin.
- Chemical analysis issued by accredited laboratories, for the purpose of product identification (only for EVO Oils).
- Invoice with details of the quantity of bottles by type, weight and price of € 3.00 (three euros) per bottle, or declare products not for sale, non-commercial value, samples (the price must always be indicated).
- Only in the case of organic and / or denomination productions, appropriate certification issued by the control body must be attached.
It is understood that by sending the samples, the participating company certifiesthat the sample entered in the competition is part of the lot declared in the application.
Shipping address Samples:
Ufficio Concorso EVO IOOC Dr Antonio G. Lauro via Giotto n. 11
89015 PALMI (RC)
Mobile: +39 3332313151 (for courier use only)
IMPORTANT: n the case of non-EU shipments, the method of dispatch must MANDATORY include the Delivery Duty Paid* delivery system.
The organizers decline any responsibility for the eventual delivery of the samples after the established date, for the total or partial loss of the same during transport, for any chemical-physical or organoleptic alterations of the samples due to temperature excursions, breakages or other anomalies occurred during transportation. Shipping costs, include possible custom and health charges, up to the destination, are fully borne by the participating companies. In no case will EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® pay any extra shipping costs (shipping is recommended for samples from non-EU areas Delivery Duty Paid*). Only in exceptional cases, this organization will be able to anticipate any charges due for customs clearance; charges that must be reimbursed by the participating company before the start of the competition; otherwise the oils (EVOO or Condiments) pending with the payment will not be admitted to the competition.
However, it is advisable to strictly follow the instructions on the application form. From the receipt of the samples to their presentation to the panel, the organizers will be responsible for keeping the samples correctly and adequately, to ensure their integrity.
For any questions and for information on shipping, write to: email@example.com or use your private area.
After verifying all documentation pertaining to each sample (certification, labels, laboratory tests) as well as the entry documents and the conformity to current legislation, the sample will be placed in its specific category. The Official Tasting Sheet used for EVO oils is based on the International Olive Council (COI) scheme, graphically modified by the technical committee for the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® and will contain a points system between 0 and 100 points. The Official Tasting Card used for Flavoured EVOOs is the one designed by the technical committee for the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® competition and will contain a points system between 0 and 100 points.
The President and a technical committee will select the jury and commission members. The number of judges tasting the samples will depend on the number of samples entered in the contest.
Each commission (tasting panel) will be composed of a minimum of four (4) judges (one table manager and three tasters).
The President (Panel Leader) and the General Manager of EVO IOOC will preside the contest.
In order to maintain the highest level of transparency of the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®, no judge will be able to taste EVO oils and Flavoured EVOOs produced by companies in which they, or members of their family, have an interest. specific (producers, distributors, packers, etc.).
For this purpose, all judges are required to provide a release to that effect in which the presence or absence of any involvement with companies registered in the competition is highlighted (absence of conflict of interest). In the event that one or more judges are involved and have specific interests, they will be called to judge onlythe samples for which there is no conflict of interest.
All winners will be notified on the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® website (www.evo-iooc.com) on the results of the contest and will receiveby e-mail a notification.
The publication of the results on the competition website constitutes the only official notice certifying the awarding of the prize awarded to the company, and will recognize the high quality of the product, as per the judgment issued by the official panel of the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil competition. Contest®.
Any other form of publicity of the competition results will be considered to all intents and purposes “provisional” pending the final results published, as mentioned, on the official website of the competition www.evo-iooc.com. At the written request of the companies concerned, it will be possible to provide a brief description of the extra virgin olive oil or seasoning sent to the competition and information on its classification at the oil prize (any score / strengths / defects, etc.). In the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® different prize categories have been established (see Art. 13 – Prizes):
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO):
- Top Prize* (Best in Class); Special Awards and Best of Country; – Other Awards* (Gold Medal; Silver Medal).
- Top Prize*: Best in Class;
- Other Awards** (Gold Medal; Silver Medal).
* The absolute winners of the individual categories in the competition will be awarded an EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® trophy and a certificate that will validate the prize won.
Trophies will be presented at the awards ceremony to the official representative of the producer or his delegate. The awards may also be picked up within a few days after the ceremony, in alternative they may be shipped on written request of the producer and at his entire expense to the address provided on the entry form.
** All winners of the other awards in the competition will receive a certificate that will validate the prize won and showing the award category assigned.
All certificates can be downloaded directly from the competition website, 15 days after the conclusion of the competition operations.
The contest EVO IOOC – EVO International Olive Oil Contest® is offering awards in various categories. The main prizes of the contest are the Best in Class, awarded to the best EVOOs or Condiments in the category to which they belong.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
Top Prize (Best in Class) divided into two categories of EVOO from the Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere:
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Award – North Hemisphere:
top prize reserved for the best extra virgin olive oil in competition (highest score ever), be it monovarietal, coupage (blend) or organic from the Northern Hemisphere of the world.
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Award – South Hemisphere:
top prize reserved for the best extra virgin olive oil in competition (highest score ever), be it mono-varietal, coupage (blend) or organic from the Southern Hemisphere of the world.
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Organic – North Hemisphere:
prize reserved for the best extra virgin olive oil from organic farming in competition from the Northern Hemisphere of the world.
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Organic – South Hemisphere: top prize to the best organic extra virgin olive oil from the Southern Hemisphere
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International DOP/IGP – North Hemisphere: prize reserved for the best extra virgin olive oil with a designation of origin (PDO / PGI) in competition from the Northern Hemisphere of the world.
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Monovarietal – North Hemisphere: top prize to the best single varietal extra virgin olive oil from the Northern Hemisphere
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Monovarietal – South Hemisphere: top prize to the best single varietal extra virgin olive oil from the Southern Hemisphere.
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Coupage – North Hemisphere: top prize to the best coupage (blend) extra virgin olive oil from the Northern Hemisphere.
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Coupage – South Hemisphere: top prize to the best coupage (blend) extra virgin olive oil from the Southern Hemisphere.
Condiments (Flavoured EVOOs).
Top Prize (Best in Class)
EVO IOOC 2021 Best International Flavoured EVOO:
top prize to the best Flavoured extra virgin olive oil.
To the top prizes listed above are added Special Awards and Best of Country.
EVO IOOC 2021 Scoglio dell’Ulivo Best of Regione Calabria: top prize to the best single varietal, coupage (blend) or organic extra virgin olive oil from the Calabria Region.
EVO IOOC 2021 Ràul C. Castellani Best of South America,dedicated to who has been the Technical Director and co-founder of the Contest, for the best extra virgin olive oil from South America.
Best Of Country
EVO IOOC 2021 Best Of Country, reserved for oils from a certain producing country, with a minimum of 25 samples competing for each nation, reserved for the best extra virgin olive oil in the country. EVO IOOC 2021 Best Of Area, reserved for oils from a specific region, denomination, area, etc., with a minimum of 25 samples in competition for each area, reserved for the best extra virgin olive oil from a particular production area.
Other awards (Gold and Silver Medals) for Extra Virgin Olive Oiland Flavoured EVOO.
EVO IOOC Gold Medal(from 84 to 100 points)
EVO IOOC Silver Medal(from 65 to <84 points)
At the same extra virgin olive oil that will get the highest score in more than one of the categories in competition, will be awarded only one prize, following this order:
- Best International (North & South Hemisphere);
- Best Organic (North & South Hemisphere);
- Best DOP/IGP (North Hemisphere);
- Best Monovarietal (North & South Hemisphere);
- Best Coupage (North & South Hemisphere); Best of Country; Best of Area.
In order to encourage the commercial activity and promotion of extra virgin olive oils and condiments awarded in the competition, the organization will provide, upon request of the company and for a fee, the high definition file of the sticker showing the category of prize won (Best in Class / Special Awards / Best of Country / Best of Area / Gold Medal / Silver Medal) to be printed and affixed on the label.
Price list of files with the sticker certifying the category of prize won:
For one sticker: € 150,00
Two or more stickers: € 100,00 each
You can request the file by accessing your private area, by filling out the form on the website, or by writing to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be permitted to affix the adhesive labels supplied by the Contest Organization ONLY to bottles containing the same oil (same harvest, olive varietals and production batch) and in the same packaging as the winning sample. Any other use of the prize sticker is not allowed.
The technical committee of the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest® reserves the right to carry out an analytical check of the extra virgin olive oils and condiments that will win one of the competition prizes, by sending the sample to an analysis laboratory accredited for commercial compliance verification. A sample of all the winning products will be kept by the President of the competition for 30 days from the conclusion of the prize in order to possibly be subjected to analysis and checks.
In addition, all stored samples can be used for promotion and dissemination of the quality of extra virgin olive oil.
The individual company or natural person participating is responsible for all data reported on the registration form and the technical committee has the right to verify its authenticity.
DISPUTES in no case will the samples be subjected to tasting again as the deliberation of the jury of the competition is unquestionable; it is recalled that participation in the oil premium EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®, also implies the specific acceptance of this rule.
It is illegal to reproduce or falsify the name, the competition logo, the sticker and the certificate of the prizes won; the certificate of attestation of the prize awarded, the name and the logo of the competition are of free use, exclusively for the winning companies. . Offenders will be prosecuted by law.
In case of disputes with the EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest®, the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Palmi (Italy) court notwithstanding the nationality of the contestants.
The only official recognized languages for documents concerning the competition are Italian and English. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to change the above terms and conditions at any time in case of necessity.
Associazione EVO IOOC EVO International Olive Oil Contest
Registered office: Via Giotto, 11
89015 PALMI (RC)
Codice Fiscale: 91032030800
EVO IOOC Competition Presidency
Antonio G. Lauro via Giotto, 11 89015 Palmi (RC)
General Direction of the EVO IOOC Competition
Corso Europa, 16
20060 Pessano Con Bornago (MI)
Technical Direction of the EVO IOOC Competition
Città di Mendoza Mendoza (Argentina)
Shipping address of EVO IOOC samples
EVO IOOC Competition Office
via Giotto, 11 89015 Palmi (RC) e-mail: email@example.com
Mobile: +39 3332313151 (for courier use only)
Official e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Incoterms: D.D.P. Delivery Duty Paid. In the term “Duty Free Return” the seller fulfills the obligation of delivery by making the goods available to the buyer in the agreed place in the importing country. The seller must bear the risks and costs, including duties, taxes and other charges, in order to be able to deliver the goods to that place, cleared for importation.